- Scalp, de-thatch, and bag lawn before April 1 every year
- Don’t mulch clipping
- Rake and bag all clippings
- Mow lawn as short as possible without disturbing the soil
- Mowing height .5”-2”
- Reel type mower recommended
- Frequency – every 2-7 days
- For a greener turf and less stress, mow more frequently
- Growth regular recommended for weekly mowing
- Height of cut reset may be needed mid summer
- Scalp, de-thatch, and bag before April 1 each year
- Mowing frequency – every 4-10 days depending on desired turf thickness and color
- Reel type mower recommended especially with Emerald Zoysia and other fine blade zoysia varieties.
- Mowing height – .5”- 2.5”
- Spring and fall de thatch recommended
- Mow short and bag clippings before April 1 each year. Don’t disturb the runners.
- Rotary mower
- Mowing height 2”-3”
- Mowing frequency – every 4-7 days
- Mow more often for healthier turf quality
- Keep mower blades sharp
- When conditions for disease are favorable, bag the clippings
- Growth regulators not recommended
NOTE: St. Augustine is not a shade grass. Of the full sun grasses, St. Augustine tolerates the most shade.