At Gro Lawn we work hard to ensure your lawn looks its best, no matter what type you have.
Our lawn care programs are proven to make your grass healthier, look greener, and stay that way. Thanks to our expertise and experience, you'll love the results you get, and people will constantly compliment you on how great your yard looks.
St Augustine Grass Program
Another lawn that does well in hot weather, St Augustine grass actually comes from tropical climates. However, when cared for properly, it grows densely and is a vibrant green.
You must watch out for some of the common pitfalls with St Augustine grass:
- Watering too little
- Mowing too low
- Too much/too little nitrogen
- Excessive thatch
- Watering at night after Watering too Little
Thanks to our extensive experience and expertise, we can bring out the best of your St Augustine grass. You’ll see it become fuller, greener, and overall healthier than ever.
Zoysia Grass Program
Like other plants, Zoysia grass will be healthy, full, and green with the proper care. Many people are unsure of how to maintain this type of lawn. If cared for correctly, it’s quite tolerant to extreme heat and drought, making for a beautiful yard.
Allow us to help maintain your Zoysia grass, so you get the most out of it. We can address a range of problems and will manage seasonal to-dos.
While most people know that lawn fertilization is necessary to keeping your grass green, full, and healthy, using the right fertilizer can be tricky. After all, you need to know what’s going on with the soil when it comes to grass fertilization. It's important to maintain a healthy balance of different nutrients like nitrogen.
In fact, using the wrong fertilizer or not applying it correctly can damage your lawn.
Bermuda Grass Program
Introducing our Comprehensive Bermuda Grass Lawn Care Program:
- Round 1: January 1 - February 15 Say goodbye to unwanted weeds! Our specialized pre and post emergent weed control is carefully applied to your lawn, preventing annual bluegrass and henbit from taking root, and tackling any existing weeds.
- Round 2: February 16 - March 31 A flawless lawn is within reach. Our powerful pre and post emergent weed control continues, targeting emerging weeds and thwarting the growth of summer grassy nuisances like crabgrass and goosegrass.
- Round 3: April 1 - May 15 Experience the lush green you've been dreaming of. Our exclusive granular fertilizer, tailored for Bermuda grass, nourishes your lawn's awakening growth, especially in the unique high pH soils of the DFW area.
- Round 4: May 16 - June 30 Beat the summer heat with our custom fertilizer blend. Created to help your lawn endure scorching temperatures, this treatment ensures your grass remains strong and resilient throughout the hot months.
- Round 5: July 1 - August 15 Summer's toughest challenge, conquered. Our specially formulated Bermuda blend fertilizer equips your lawn to withstand the harsh conditions of the blazing season, maintaining its vibrancy even in temperatures exceeding 100°F.
- Round 6: August 16 - September 30 Prepare for the changing seasons. As temperatures stabilize and rains return, our exclusive Bermuda fertilizer readies your lawn for dormancy. By storing essential nutrients, your grass will thrive during the North Texas winter.
- Round 7: October 1 - November 15 Stay ahead of winter weeds. Our pre and post emergent weed control method targets actively growing weeds and prevents the future emergence of unwelcome intruders like annual bluegrass, rescue grass, dandelion, and more.
- Round 8: November 16 - December 31 Winter protection for your dormant lawn. With temperatures dropping, we apply pre and post emergent weed control to bolster your weed resistance. Even in dormancy, your lawn requires minimal moisture to shield its roots from freezing temperatures.
Weeds can make any lawn look non-uniform, which really ruins the aesthetics of your lawn. Your neighbors certainly won’t appreciate your yard being the source of their weed problems too. Plus, weeds can damage your lawn in many ways:
- Robbing nutrients
- Crowding out grass
- Consuming extra water
Thankfully, we have the expertise to know exactly how to get rid of weed problems. With our techniques, you’ll see results quickly, and enjoy the benefits long-term.
Lawn Disease Control
Lawns can contract diseases just like any other living organism. They can absolutely ravage grass, leaving it severely damaged or even killing your lawn. We can assess the situation and plan a course of action that will treat your lawn for whatever disease it has, returning it to proper health.
Make your grass look its best and contact us at Gro Lawn today.